It is the mission of Lake Mills Community School that through our collective efforts, we are committed to teaching and learning for all.
We believe we are all learners who want what is best for every student, every day. We envision a school in which collaborative teams:
- Identify the essential standards for each grade level/content area
- Seek and implement research-based strategies focused on student learning
- Use formative assessment to monitor student progress and to drive instruction
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the academic success and social/emotional well-being of each student
In order to achieve the shared vision of our school district, LMCS staff have made the following commitments:
- We will teach the identified essential standards of the Iowa Core curriculum.
- We will develop and implement common formative assessments to monitor each student’s learning.
- We will create, implement, and evaluate individual professional growth plans aligned to our goals.
- We will engage in meaningful professional learning.
- We will utilize research-based instructional strategies to increase the growth of all students.
- We will continue to implement individual and small-group interventions.
- We will communicate with parents regarding the progress of their child.
- All students will show growth on district wide reading assessments.
- All students will show growth on district wide mathematics assessments.
- All students will feel safe, connected, and successful at school.